Institute of Planners Pakistan is a registered organization of the Town Planners of Pakistan which aims at providing a forum for the Urban and Regional Planners of Pakistan to meet and participate in expressing and exchanging their views relating to planning matters. It also aims at promoting and ensuring the enforcement of professional standards and practice to regulate and streamline the process of physical growth and development in the urban and rural areas. The head office of the IPP is currently located at 336, Nasheman-e-Iqbal, Main Khyaban-e-Jinnah,Lahore - Pakistan.
The organizational structure of IPP is divided into following:
- 1) Central Executive Committee
- 2) Standing Committees & Regional Chapter Committees
The Standing Committee is further categorized as:
- 1) Membership Committee - responsible for consideration and determination of all application for Membership;
- 2) Research & Education Committee - responsible for research and education in urban and regional planning at local and international levels; and
- 3) Publication Committee - responsible for the publication of journal, papers, newsletters, printing of plans and other documents.
- 4) Regional Chapters - responsible for liason and co-ordination between Central Executive Council and local planners community